Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hello. Have a wilderness geomorph.

Hello.  I'm Glenn Jupp, and it's time for me to start a proper blog.

I'll use this thing to post my stray thoughts about role playing games and war games and maybe even some video games.

My first thought?  Well, I quite enjoy Tony Dowler's Year of the Dungeon.  His whimsical little dungeons and bits of town and countryside are terrific imagination fuel.  But Tony's on a well-deserved micromapping hiatus right now and I find myself suffering a sort of withdrawal.  So I've started making my own little wilderness tiles, like this one...
So that's me trying to match Mister Dowler's format and style, if not quality.  Roads go to the middle of an edge.  Rivers and coastlines go to the corners.

That's all for now.  More stuff as and if I think of it.

2 comments:

  1. Big fan of Tony Dowler's site and the wilderness "geomorphs" in particular. Making more of these is an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm just a little surprised that I haven't seen anyone else have a go at Dowler-style wilderness and city tiles. The closest I know of is the campaign sketch map over at Aeons and Augauries.

    Not that there's anything wrong with the ten by ten dungeons, but you gotta pull your head out of the ground sometime.

    ReplyDelete